Photoshop CS2 on Linux
October 27, 2007
This is not Mac Pro specific. Tested on Ubuntu 7.10, using the Photoshop CS2 30-day trial.
- First you have to install wine. If you already have, make sure you have at least version 0.9.46.
sudo apt-get install wine
- Start winecfg, so your .wine directory gets set up in your home directory
- Change into the virtual c drive
- Download the official 30-day trial of Photoshop CS2 trial from here and put it into the ~/.wine/drive_c directory
- Run the downloaded .exe, which will unzip all the contents
- Start the setup
wine /home/miklos/.wine/drive_c/Photoshop\ Tryout/Photoshop\ CS2/Setup.exe
- After the setup has finished, start Photoshop
wine /home/miklos/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Adobe/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS2/Photoshop.exe
Posted byvfxdude at 2:40 PM